04/05/2007

sleeper

Images I can’t portray
put on paper
or bring myself to describe,
fear
guilt
pain :
unease with myself.

Jaded memoirs
soothe
yet fill me with turmoil.

I’m in every picture
song
written word,
within the flicker
a flame
a teardrop falling
memories
belonging to no-one.

I can see through the mirror
beyond what is real
as though I walk without care
fear.

I feel..
hate
shame
love
quiet unease

sleeping with pain.

To you I’m handsome :
look closer
deeper,
unworthy of any life,

a sleeper

trapped like the flame
the tear
aching to be released.

Born

longing for my true place
with those I’ve seen
pass away,

life and
death
buried

are my dreams.

I am lost
the child’s innocence

lost..

everything that lay here once,

your broken heart
the faded photograph,

my reflection
a shadow in the night
the melodic ghost in the corner of your eye,

voice of an echo passed.

© 2007 Michaela James.

No comments:

"Because Of You - (Joie De Vivre (Moins Di Cinquante))".

I have fallen in love, a near broken woman, aches and scars igniting her beauty more than shades of pink or red could ever have. E...