20/09/2007

'Ethan.'

Shards of my paternal heart
crystallise,
mood sunk

unconditional
love
on the road of winding life.

My friend,
my treasure
I keep close,

forever is a long time,

my friend,
my pleasure
to hold close,
forever it will be:

this gift given
taken with gratitude

his friend, I’ll always believe.

Affection in
full splendour,
his porcelain face
in a smile of scars

my son.

November 14th
he arrived,
lay in my arms
did not cry

listened
to my personal lullaby.

The promise I made
to hurt like I’d died,

take each blow

it’s all he’s worth,

stumble and ache for our rights,

every time crushes a little more
yet the pain will ease.

No-one can feel every thought
that passes through
each time I take another
blade,

each swipe that severs the solitude,
the photograph I stare into
drives my will to survive

and I feel.

Ethan, my son
I protect:

keep
see and
hold you

within my laughter
within my tears,

hold these moments like they are my last

as I cry.

© 2007 Michaela James.

No comments:

"Because Of You - (Joie De Vivre (Moins Di Cinquante))".

I have fallen in love, a near broken woman, aches and scars igniting her beauty more than shades of pink or red could ever have. E...