06/04/2007

'new years day.'

today
the first day?
rest of my life
so ‘they’ say..

down the street i go
not across it,
this isn’t a cry for help.

an end that must end
to finish what i’ve done,
end the pain of a broken man
of the human race
the virus i am..

the virus we all are,
can you see how i'm foiled again?

today
the last day?
my memories of life pass away
gouged.. by the wayside
world's apart,
divided by oceans
as the northern lights beckon.

can’t take this ride

no more.. not then, not now, not ever

down the street I go
to cross it is to fail,
a cry for something
i don’t quite know.

look within my eyes
you will see an empty space,
appetite gone belly full
waiting patiently
for my high,
a high to conquer you all

the crimson boils, it flows
ebbs away, the mind chatters..
endless. there is nothing more,

myself and i.. a broken mirror

my maker holds my hand
brushes my tears

takes me for who i am.

© 2007 Michaela James.

No comments:

"Because Of You - (Joie De Vivre (Moins Di Cinquante))".

I have fallen in love, a near broken woman, aches and scars igniting her beauty more than shades of pink or red could ever have. E...